Nana, our domestic helper, has to return her home to Indonesia for three weeks. I convinced my mother she'd be better off in a nursing home while Nana is away. She was admitted into Bright Hill Evergreen Home in Punggol just yesterday. Of course, we had already checked the place out last month so Mum knows what she's getting into.
Nana's Scoot flight was due to depart at 5:55am today. I had booked us a taxi for 3:30am to take us to the airport. When I woke up at 2am, I saw a message from the airline informing us that the flight has been rescheduled to 12pm. Luckily, there were no further flight delays after that.
Even at 62, I'm very seldom left to my own devices so am feeling kind of surreal. To celebrate my newly found liberation, I picked up a mini speaker from Muji while I was in Changi airport!

No comments:
Post a Comment