Tuesday 31 March 2015

THE INCIDENT OF THE BISTRO SIGNBOARD


On the last day of the APAC Summit the boss asked me to take the support team out to lunch. The team that worked many late nights and arrived extra early in the mornings to ensure that every meeting runs like clockwork certainly deserved a reward. I opted for a cosy, unpretentious French bistro not far from our office that offers set menus at affordable prices.

I’m afraid I cannot reveal the name of the restaurant or show you any photos.

You see, this morning I informed my boss that we’re going to lunch. Where? he wanted to know. I mentioned its name. He looked thoughtful for a moment and then said, “I think I might have broken their signboard this morning.”

Excusez moi, what was that again?

“This morning I was walking with my wife, we were talking and I clashed into a hanging signboard.  A piece fell off.”

“My head hurts now,” he complained.

“It wasn’t my fault,” continued the gentle giant, looking very depressed indeed. “Who hangs their signboard so low?”

And so I’m sure you’ll understand when I say that any photo that I show here will be condemning. Which is too bad, because the food was FABULOUS!

Did I take a photo of the chipped signboard?  Oui, bien sûr!

I have to add that my boss also hurt his little finger while he was packing up to go home this evening.

"This isn't my day today!" he sighed.

No comments:

AU REVOIR

French Kiss by Huebucket I wish you bluebirds in the spring To give your heart a song to sing And then a kiss, but more than th...