Thursday 26 April 2012

COUGH


"My name is Vicious and I'm a hairy worm."
The three separate visits to the doctor didn't help.  First it was flu, with fever of 38.5 degrees C at one point. My entire body was on fire. Fortunately that only lasted two days but I’m now plagued by a vicious cough that won’t go away! It is as if I had accidentally swallowed a hairy worm. It would resurface at the edge of my throat without my prior consent, bringing on a bout coughing fits.

On some days I feel like a SARS victim. Commuters on the MRT and buses throw wary glances as soon as I start to cough. Passengers in the same elevator cringe. My colleagues have stopped trying to engage me any decent conversation because when I try to speak, the worm would come out to play.  At other times I croak, and no one understands a word.  When it gets too cold, I cough. When I try to sleep, I cough. There’s nothing more unbearable.

In another 15 days, Tammy and I will be on our holiday in Bangkok. I can't bear to think that I should miss out on all the tasty Thai food. Will someone please get this awful worm away from me!

2 comments:

Maki said...

Hi, I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling with the worm/cough. I would like to suggest you to increase humidity of your room with a humidifer or use a steam vaporizer. If you don't have them, you can pour hot water into a basin with a couple of drops of mint scented aroma oil. Then, you can put a towel in the hot water and twist the wet towel. After that, you can hang it around above your head. I hope you will be able to get rid of the worm soon!

Fun said...

Hi Maki, I'm still coughing a little but the worm seems to be behaving much better now!

AU REVOIR

French Kiss by Huebucket I wish you bluebirds in the spring To give your heart a song to sing And then a kiss, but more than th...