Wednesday 10 September 2014

A TUMBLE, AND ANGELS TO THE RESCUE


Poor old Dad, he took a serious tumble today.

Mum and Dad had gone out to lunch.  They were making their way home when he fell.  He didn't know how it happened, he mumbled repeatedly.  Needless to say, Mum was in a state of panic.  Fortunately, three good Samaritans - Daniel, Jaime and Mark -  descended out of nowhere and lent a helping hand.

According to Mum, Dad could not get up after the fall.  Mark, who was on his way to lunch, came upon them and immediately piggy-backed Dad to the nearest clinic. Daniel and Jaime called me using their mobile phone.  They were kind enough to hang around until I arrived.  Dad was referred by the doctor to the A&E at TTSH.  My hands were shaking and couldn't even call a cab properly so Jaime had to call one for us.  

I couldn't thank Daniel and Jaime enough.  Jaime said they were on their way to have ice cream.  Normally they would park by the side of the road but today Jaime thought they ought to drive into the car park (where they witness Dad took a tumble) so maybe it was meant to be.

On my way home from the hospital tonight I was still thinking about Daniel and Jaime and about what she said. When this is all over, I thought to myself, I shall thank them properly - over ice cream.  Just as I was about to cross the street to my apartment block, two boys (who looked like they were 8 and 10) approached and asked if I would help with their school fees.  What were they selling?  Ice cream.  Is this another one of your jokes, God?

The ice cream were $12 a box.  I opened my purse and there were exactly $12 in notes lying inside. So maybe it was meant to be.

There were hundreds of patients at the A&E today.  We waited several hours with Dad to get his X-ray and CT scan done.  And then it was another few hours' of waiting to get him admitted.  After that another couple of hours to get him settled into the hospital bed and made sure he had something to eat.  We get to speak to the doctor tomorrow at around 10:30AM.  It was a long day but I don't think my life is half bad, really.  Thanks to an understanding boss, the sweetest coworkers, and of course - three perfect strangers who offered their timely assistance unconditionally.



No comments:

AU REVOIR

French Kiss by Huebucket I wish you bluebirds in the spring To give your heart a song to sing And then a kiss, but more than th...