Sunday, 22 January 2012

BRING IT ON, DRAGON



The apartment is spick and span.  The floor in every room has been cleaned - once on Friday, twice yesterday and, at my mother's insistence, one more time this afternoon.  The glass in the windows are so clean, they squeak; new curtains are in place; even the new living couch has arrived!

What's the Year of the Dragon without some fierce decor?



花开富贵

It's kind of a CNY tradition in my home to have steamed radish cake.  My mother usually makes a mean 萝卜糕 but she prefers to take things easy nowadays.  (Actually she spent all her time cleaning the house and left none to make radish cake this year.)  So I went out and ordered one from a restaurant.

Radish cake from Crystal Jade Restaurant

In a few hours, we'll be riding with the Dragon so let me wish you a very successful and prosperous Year of the Dragon.  Eat well, stay healthy and be contented.  For with contentment comes happiness.

No comments: