Friday 5 June 2015

HOT


Woke up this morning to hazy skies.  It's hot these days!  3 changes of clothes a day hot. 3 litres of drinking water a day hot. I set my fan on high at bedtime but it helps little. On some nights I hear the occasional low rumbling of thunder but there is no rainfall.  Heading out to lunch has become a rather torturous affair.  Sun relentless.  Brain fried. Utterly beaten down by the heat. Way. Too. Hot.

Tammy and Cindy have made plans to visit from Hong Kong this July.  I wonder if they'll take well to this seemingly 40 degrees weather?  My co-worker, Zan, says we should all suck it up.  People in India a dropping dead by the thousands under the 50 degrees heat so we should be thankful that we don't suffer the same fate.  I know she's right but I can't help complaining!

Took a few days off last week to do (almost) nothing.  My annual leave balance is fast depleting and deciding whether to take some time for myself was a huge struggle on my part.  Still, I finally convinced myself that life shouldn’t just revolve around aged parents and hospital appointments.  I'm important too!

No comments:

AU REVOIR

French Kiss by Huebucket I wish you bluebirds in the spring To give your heart a song to sing And then a kiss, but more than th...