Saturday 19 July 2014

"I HAVE THE KITCHEN"

What do you do when your mother relinquishes control of the kitchen for a few hours?  I don't know about you, but I thought it would be a good time to finally make Pork and Fennel Sausage Rolls from Bourke Street Bakery: The Ultimate Baking Companion!  

Mum decided that she would take a break from cooking this evening and opted to have durian for dinner.  Yup, you read correctly - durian for dinner.  For Dad and I, who was horrified at the thought of surviving on durians alone, these sausage rolls became substantial snacks before the durian party began.



These sausage rolls tastes fab.  I love the hints of thyme, fennel and garlic.  Though I secretly feel that they'll be even better if spiked with paprika, or dried chill flakes! The recipe says to bake them until "they are a golden brown roll of steaming, oozing goodness".  I think I've managed to do that!

SaveSave

No comments:

AU REVOIR

French Kiss by Huebucket I wish you bluebirds in the spring To give your heart a song to sing And then a kiss, but more than th...