Monday, 31 December 2012

TREATS FROM CATHERINE: TAIWAN GOODIES

All I did was suggest a few things she could do when Catherine visited Taipei last week.  I've only been to the city twice myself so I wasn't even sure if the places I like would be any good to her.  So when Cat dropped by this afternoon bearing gifts, she took me by surprise!  Even though we don't keep in touch often enough, Cat keeps me in mind.  真的超感动的!

My mother may be losing her memory yet she remembers Cat.  "我当然记得'小猫'呀!是你以前的同事, 不是吗?"  



水果酥 - 光看便有幸福的感觉了! 


I've always loved Taiwanese pineapple cakes.  Sweet and sour pineapple filling encased in a shortbread crust.  Now there's even mango cakes made from Taiwan's famous Aiwen Mango (爱文芒果). 



杏仁猪肉片- 我没尝过黑胡椒口味哦! 


Sheets of crispy pork with slivers of almond.  I can't wait to try it!  Thanks, Cat!  Happy New Year!

No comments: