Sunday 4 September 2011

BEWITCHING BRIOCHE


Ever since I read Carole Walter's recipe for Brioche Buns with Dried Pears and Camembert I couldn't get the combination of creamy Camembert, toasted walnuts and candied pears infused with orange and cardamom out of my head.   I think about it everyday but I cannot make it - I haven't got dry pears! 


In our local supermarket there is abundance of dried mango, pineapple, banana, cranberries and once I even came across dried kiwi fruit but no dried pears!  I looked in all the local supermarkets but no avail.  I became obsessed with my search.  I went into depression.  My world stopped spinning. No, nothing else could substitute. Downright silly, I know. 

Then in July, my coworkers Soph and Venna headed to Sydney for work.  I begged them for a packet of dried pears.  Finally, I can make Dried Pears and Camembert Loaves. 




I think I've done those dried pears justice.  

2 comments:

Maki said...

It looks delicious and is making my mouth water!!!
So, tell me how it was and whether the taste turned out what you expected?

Fun said...

Hi Maki, I loved it but would add more Camembert next time!

AU REVOIR

French Kiss by Huebucket I wish you bluebirds in the spring To give your heart a song to sing And then a kiss, but more than th...