Friday 10 October 2014

THE WEEK'S RUNDOWN

Oct 6 Monday 
The office is closed in lieu of Hari Raya Haji holiday. Mum dragged me to the Chinatown wet market. Somehow we forgot that the stalls in the wet market do not operate on Mondays! We also  ran out of luck at Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice at Maxwell Food Centre because when we arrived we found a note stuck to the gate indicating that they are closed until October 15th!

Mum then decided to da bao from Zhen Zhen Porridge. What’s so great about the porridge I really don't have the answer. I’d avoid the long queue at all cost but Dad loves the fish porridge so I stood in line for 35 minutes. 

Oct 7 Tuesday 
The chocolate muffins I made on Sunday turned out to be a hit with my co-workers. I made 11 muffins in all. (Think the recipe would yield 12 but I do like to top my muffin tins to the brim.) We ate 3 at home, leaving 8 for the office. Everyone marvelled at how moist the muffins were.  Two people asked for the recipe. I guess this means it is a keeper! 

Had lunch with Winifred. Her last day with the company is on Thursday. Funny how we’re seated so close yet we manage to eat with each other only when she decides to leave. Sorry, Winnie! 

Oct 8 Wednesday 


Zan is excited for the Blood Moon at 6:52pm. This is a photo that I snapped from our office rooftop just before I made my way home. The sun is a beautiful orange globe. Were we supposed to be watching out for Blood Sun, or Blood Moon? Arrived home just a little before 6:50pm and gazed expectantly into the sky but all I could see was the haze. Chey

Oct 9 Thursday
Mum and I went out for our morning walk early this morning.  What do you know?  The moon is indeed crimson!  Too bad I didn't have my camera with me ...

Oct 10 Friday 
Took a day off to accompany Dad to the TTSH. This is a follow-up appointment made with the neurologist due to his fall last month. All is well! No fracture in the skull, no internal bleeding.  Dad has been officially discharged. It doesn't mean that Dad is off the hook.  There's still an appointment to come with Geriatric.  Who know what we're in for next?  A step at a time, is what I always say.

For now everything is beautiful.





No comments:

AU REVOIR

French Kiss by Huebucket I wish you bluebirds in the spring To give your heart a song to sing And then a kiss, but more than th...