Saturday 28 February 2015

COMPANY RETREAT - BATAM VIEW BEACH RESORT


Feb 26 - 28, 2015

Spend 2.5 days in Batam with a bunch of wackos.  We played games, solved puzzles, built gadgets, went to combat - all in the name of corporate team building.












On our last evening we enjoyed BBQ by the resort's poolside, played loud music, danced, drank, puked, drank some more and wrapped up the night by jumping into the resort's swimming pool. Those who refused to jump were ultimately thrown in.  What a racket!  I bet all the other guests were totally relieved to see us board the ferry the next morning.




The resort, though small, comes with its own stretch of private beach.







The guests were mostly Korean families with kids, or golfers waiting to to tee off in the nearby golfing clubs.  The children seemed to enjoy the petting zoo of sorts that houses a dog (Mr. Pug), several hamsters, two hedgehogs, two dragons and two parrots.  I was told that one of the parrots speak Korean but I didn't stay around long enough to find out.  It did greet me with "hullo" though, and stuck out a claw when I said, "Hi five!"  Then when I turned to go, it said "bye bye, bye bye", much to the amusement of my co-worker Tracy.

Here's one of three cats that patrol the resort.


On the second morning I was awakened at 4:30 by crowing roosters.  Turned out I wasn't the only one!


After breakfast I was greeted by a curious sight: a family of turkeys stretching freely on the grass beside the swimming pool!


No comments:

AU REVOIR

French Kiss by Huebucket I wish you bluebirds in the spring To give your heart a song to sing And then a kiss, but more than th...