Sunday, 21 April 2013

NEW FLOUR: PROMINENT


'S' stands for Sunflowers, Sunshine, and Showa bread flour from Japan.

After weeks of blood, sweat and tears the APAC Summit is finally over.  Today all I want to think about it warm sunshine, happy yellows and sunny sunflowers.  Hello oven, it has been a while!


I brought home several types of flours from the Taipei International Bakery Show recently.  Among them are two 1-kilo pack of  Showa bread flour.  It's a truly fantastic flour!  As soon as I lifted the dough from the mixing bowl, I knew immediately that the bread is going to turn out fabulously.  The dough was soft yet strong, wonderful aroma, and doesn't stick to my hands.  Now I kind of regret that I hadn't bought more. 


Oh no, this sunflower is so full, it's ready to burst!  I was crazy enough to bring home the red bean filling all the way from the Taipei International Bakery Show, by the way.   


Bread dough: 200 grams Showa PROMINENT, 20 grams all-purpose flour, 30 grams caster sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 3 grams instant yeast, 25 grams egg, 130 grams water, 15 grams butter

Filling: 200 grams red bean filling, 

Finish: egg wash, 10 grams sesame seeds

2 comments:

Steph said...

Hihi! It has been a long while since we last baked too!! We need to fix a date!

Fun said...

Certainly, we must! :)