Sunday 23 September 2012

RICE FLOUR FROM JAPAN

It was Maki who introduced me to baking with rice flour.  She sent me a packet of rice flour all the way from Tokyo. I used some of it in an almond shortbread recipe. 

Today I used the remaining rice flour to make bread.


The recipe called for 200 grams of bread flour. I used 150 grams of Lys Dor + 50 grams of Japanese rice flour. Mak tells me that using rice flour to bake isn’t something new in Japan.  Breads and cakes made with rice flour turn out softer and keep moist for longer. The bread turned out whiter than most breads.  The texture really looks finer than most breads, don't you think?

2 comments:

Moon said...

That's a huge Mexican Bun!

Tryphena said...

粉丝~ I want some in December!!! :P

AU REVOIR

French Kiss by Huebucket I wish you bluebirds in the spring To give your heart a song to sing And then a kiss, but more than th...